6 Healthy Snacks that Taste Great
The next time you want a nibble, ditch the junk food and try one of these 6 healthy snacks.
- Combine 6 ounces Greek yogurt, 1/3 cup uncooked rolled oats, 2 tablespoons milk and 1 cup frozen berries in a glass bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Enjoy for breakfast.
Dried fruit dipped in dark chocolate
- Melt dark chocolate in the microwave or in a water bath on the stove (put the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir until melted).
- Dip dried fruit into the chocolate halfway.
- Place on a wax-paper lined sheet pan.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt, if you like. (Or omit this step, if you’re trying to limit sodium.)
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes to harden.
- Rinse and drain a 15-ounce can of chickpeas.
- Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast at 425-degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes, stirring once, until golden and crisp.
- Wash and dry grapes.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Serve immediately.
Baked zucchini chips
- Slice zucchini very thin.
- Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and a dash of salt.
- Bake at 250-degrees Fahrenheit for 60 minutes or until crisp.
- Combine equal parts cashews, almonds, peanuts, dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy on the go.