Tax Information: Request Form 1095-B
IMPORTANT HEALTH COVERAGE TAX DOCUMENTS
Our goal is to make sure our members have access to the right information and necessary tax documents they need, including Form 1095-B.
What is Form 1095-B?
Form 1095-B is a tax form used to report certain information to the IRS and to taxpayers about individuals who are covered by minimum essential health insurance coverage. Insurers providing minimum essential health insurance coverage during a calendar year must file the information return reporting the coverage to the IRS and make it available to the contract holder within 30 days of request.*
How can you request your Form 1095-B?
Here’s how you can request your Form 1095-B, Health Coverage, as needed.
You can send a request:
- By mail to Blue Cross and Blue Shield Service Benefit Plan, 750 9th Street NW, Washington, DC 20001-4524
- By calling the number on the back of your member ID card
- By accessing the form through your MyBlue® account
You will receive your Form 1095-B within 30 days of your request. If you have a question, you can call the customer service number on the back of your member ID card.
More ways to stay on top of your healthcare information
We have a variety of tools and resources that can help you easily manage your information and your healthcare spending.
- The Financial Dashboard puts all your healthcare financial data in one secure place and highlights where you can save money. See your total costs, claims, network discounts and track your out-of-pocket costs, including progress toward your annual maximum.
- You can check drug costs 24/7 with our Prescription Drug Cost Tool. Easily search for the lowest price on your medications, including if there’s a lower-cost generic option available.
- If you have a MyBlue® account, you can get procedure cost estimates by searching our expanded provider directory. Search for certain treatments and get estimates for how much they’ll cost. This can help you avoid any surprise bills later.
*Contract holders who live in California, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington, DC will receive a paper copy of the form from their local BCBS company due to state requirements.