COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resource Center
What you need to know about the disease and our coverage commitment.
Where you can get tests
The government is committed to ensuring access to OTC tests. Here are four ways you can get tests for you and your family:
Visit covidtests.gov to get free tests delivered to your home by the U.S. Postal Service.
Contact your local health department to learn about free COVID-19 testing locations or pickup sites.
Purchase FDA-authorized OTC tests at a retail location and then submit a Health Benefits Claim Form, providing an itemized receipt that clearly shows that your purchase was for a COVID-19 OTC test to your local BCBS Plan. If you do not have an itemized receipt, you must send us the barcode (UPC code) from your test(s) packaging. Once we process your claim, we’ll mail the contract holder a reimbursement check. You can download the claim form here or call the number on the back of your member ID card to receive one by mail.
To pay no out-of-pocket costs, order your tests online through cvs.com or the CVS Pharmacy mobile app for store pickup1. You can also go to any other in-network retail pharmacy and purchase the test kits at the pharmacy counter2. Purchase up to 8 tests per family member in a 30-day period. To find an in-network pharmacy, click here or download the fepblue app. See our FAQ for detailed instructions.
1 Orders not picked up within 72 hours (about 3 days) will be cancelled. Pickup cannot happen via drive-thru and tests will not be shipped.
2 Some pharmacies may not be able to process claims for OTC tests at the pharmacy counter. If this happens, you can pay for the test and then submit a claim for reimbursement.
Here’s how to get reimbursed:
- Complete a Health Benefits Claim Form and submit it by mail to your local BCBS company.
- Provide an itemized receipt that clearly shows that your purchase was for a COVID-19 test. If you do not have an itemized receipt, you must send us the barcode (UPC code) on your test(s) packaging.
- It must include the original receipt or a copy of the receipt for purchasing the tests.
- You can submit any number of receipts on a single claim form.
- You must submit a separate claim form for each covered family member.
- Once you reach the limit of eight tests per member per calendar month, we will not reimburse claims for additional tests.
- Once we process your claim, the contract holder will receive a reimbursement check by mail.
- We generally process claims within 30 days from receiving your completed claim form and receipts.